In the 90’s, Arsenio Hall coined the term, “things that make you go hmmm.” It was a chart-topping hit song by C+C Music Factory and surprisingly, at 45-years old there are still so many unanswered questions that continue to force me to go hmmm. Here are a few of those unanswered questions. I found this list on Facebook, the author or origin is unknown, but they had me laughing so hard that I wanted to share them with you:
1. Who let the Dogs Out?
2. Where’s the beef?
3. How do you get to Sesame Street?
4. Why doesn’t Dora just use Google Maps?
5. Why do all the flavors of fruit loops taste the same?
6. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop (even Lil Kim doesn’t know)?
7. Why do eggs come in a flimsy paper carton, but batteries are packaged in plastic that’s tough as nails to open?
8. Why “abbreviated” is such a long word; or why is there a D in ‘fridge’ but not in the word refrigerator?
9. Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, yet dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?
10. Why sterilize a needle for lethal injections?
11. Why do you have to “put your two cents in” but it’s only a “penny for your thoughts,” where’s that extra penny gone?
12. Why do The Alphabet Song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same tune? (Why did you just try to sing those two previous songs?
13. What is Victoria’s secret? (What does she have to hide and should we be concerned?)
These 13 questions will forever go unanswered, but it was fun thinking about them.